Russell House, originally built in the 17th century, has been imaginatively converted to form a two-storey office facing the street and three flats overlooking a garden at the rear. In 1882 the property's Victorian builder owner extended the building and refaced the street elevation in stucco. He introduced a new oak staircase and Jacobean panelling.
The current conversion work has added further new accommodation in sympathy with the period features of the building. Excavation of the basement has provided WCs for the offices, which would have otherwise been difficult to accommodate. Important structural work to the roof and floors, were carried out and modern services installed.