Worthy Park House was completed in 1820 to a neoclassical design by Sir Robert Smirke without the porte-cochère and the grounds were laid out on Capability Brown’s landscape principles. The porte-cochère was added to Smirke’s design by the house’s second owner Samuel Wall who also developed the pleasure grounds.
We have carried out detailed measured and condition surveys together with historical research to facilitate the school's programme for development, which may include reinstatement of the former east wing. A design for a new east wing has been designed to include a dining hall, kitchens and additional classrooms. Repairs have been carried out to the porte-cochère and stone parapets. We have also undertaken emergency shoring up of the stable block cupola and carried out repairs to its circular columns and leadwork.